James Ward Elementary parents and guardians are asked to complete a Family Survey for our district school improvement process. Please log in to this link https://surveymonkey.com/r/CNA08 Once complete, print the last page and submit to the office to receive a free jean day for your student!
Pre-Kindergarten registration will be held Thursday, Feb. 22, at James Ward Elementary School. If you have any questions, call the school office at 824-1235. Following are the documents needed to register your child for public Pre-K:
Proof of income (one of these: SNAP / food stamp certification letter, Social Security SSI benefit statement, two consecutive check stubs, official letter from employer stating hourly rate and number of hours worked, current foster care agreement, letter for other source of income if homeless or unemployed),
Proof of current residence (driver's license, utility bill with parent's name and address, current lease agreement, letter of household residence, or homeless application).
Child's birth certificate
Child's shot record
Child's Social Security card
Your child is a leader! Give him or her leadership roles at home. At James Ward Elementary School we are preparing children to lead in many environments -- school, home, church, and community. Super learners make super leaders! We are developing leaders --- one child at a time!
James Ward Elementary will celebrate Red Ribbon Week Oct. 23-27. This is a week to celebrate a drug-free lifestyle. The theme is “I Believe in Me -- Happy, Healthy, and Drug Free. The schedule for dress up days is below. All are encouraged to participate!
DRESS UP DAYS:
• Monday - “I’m Red-y to Live Drug-Free” Students may wear a red shirt with uniform bottoms.
• Tuesday - “Don’t Get Mixed Up With Drugs” Students may wear mix and matched clothes.
• Wednesday - “My Future Is Bright, No Drugs In Sight”. Students may wear sunglasses.
• Thursday - “Drugs Give You The Blues” Students may wear blue jeans with a school uniform shirt.
• Friday - “Team up Against Drugs” Students may wear their favorite team shirt or jersey with blue jeans. James Ward spirit shirts are also allowed.
Parent Conference Night will be held from 3-6 p.m. Monday, Sept. 25. If you have not scheduled an appointment yet, please contact your child's teacher. Our cafeteria staff will be selling barbecued hamburgers and a variety of delicious frozen and baked goods in the cafeteria – cookies, dinner rolls, and cinnamon rolls. Call 824-4044 if you would like to pre-order.