James Ward Elementary School will celebrate Veterans Day with a special musical presentation at 8 a.m. Friday, Nov. 10, in the gym. Our annual Breakfast with a Vet will be held from 7-7:50 a.m. in the music room. Students may wear red, white, or blue shirts with their uniform bottoms to school that day!
James Ward Elementary parents and guardians are asked to complete a Family Survey for our district school improvement process. Please log in to this link https://surveymonkey.com/r/CNA08 Once complete, print the last page and submit to the office to receive a free jean day for your student in November!
Your child is a leader! Give him or her leadership roles at home. At James Ward Elementary School we are preparing children to lead in many environments -- school, home, church, and community. Super learners make super leaders! We are developing leaders --- one child at a time!
First nine-week Awards Day programs will be held on Tuesday, Oct. 24, as follows: first grade, 8 a.m.; kindergarten, 11:35 a.m., and second grade 12:45 p.m. You are invited to celebrate our leaders' achievements.
James Ward Elementary will celebrate Red Ribbon Week Oct. 23-27. This is a week to celebrate a drug-free lifestyle. The theme is “I Believe in Me -- Happy, Healthy, and Drug Free. The schedule for dress up days is below. All are encouraged to participate!
DRESS UP DAYS:
• Monday - “I’m Red-y to Live Drug-Free” Students may wear a red shirt with uniform bottoms.
• Tuesday - “Don’t Get Mixed Up With Drugs” Students may wear mix and matched clothes.
• Wednesday - “My Future Is Bright, No Drugs In Sight”. Students may wear sunglasses.
• Thursday - “Drugs Give You The Blues” Students may wear blue jeans with a school uniform shirt.
• Friday - “Team up Against Drugs” Students may wear their favorite team shirt or jersey with blue jeans. James Ward spirit shirts are also allowed.